Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hope on the Journey

Dear Friend,

I’m a victim of a divorced household and believe that over the years I developed a rebellious attitude. When I was older, I married and repeated the cycle. During this marriage I became involved in a life style of drug, sex, and alcohol abuse. In my inner spirit I knew that there was so much more to life than what I had learned to this point.

I cried out to God and He heard my cry. Through the Bible I found out that I was not my own but, Jesus had purchased my salvation. I had been bought with a price. I continued searching the word of God and found out that God so love the world that he gave his only begotten Son to die for sinful man and that whosoever would believe in him would not perish but have everlasting life. This God I was reading about allowed his Son to shed his blood upon a cross for the remission of sins. This sounded exactly like what I needed. I wanted to know and have this God as my Father. The word of God teaches that if I would confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, and believe in my heart that God has raised Him from the dead, then I would be saved. I immediately made this confession.

Since then, I have received the promise of Jesus; His Holy Spirit being sent to live in me. I know He now lives in me and helps me to overcome the daily temptations I am faced with. Whatever you may be dealing with, He is willing and able to come into your life and help you. Trust Him and pray with me that he may enter your heart.

No comments:

Are you willing to accept Christ as Lord of your life?